Are you inundated with stupid blog comment spam? Me too. Don’t get me wrong. I like real comments and questions that mean something and contribute to the blog, in fact I love them; but annoying meaningless comment spam is a different story. So… I can’t believe I have to do this but:
- It is prohibited to post comments at Diary of a Day Hiker that advertise or solicit any products, services, funds or donations. Explicit advertising and soliciting in signatures is also prohibited. If you are a business owner or charitable organization looking for exposure, contact me via email using my contact form to discuss advertising opportunities or donations.
- I reserve the right to edit, delete, or mark as spam any and all comments. Comments which are blatant spam ie. using affiliate links, keywords, spam URLs, or suspicious information in the comment form or name field will be deleted and marked as comment spam. Furthermore, any comment which is questionable comment spam will be deleted at my discretion.
- Email addresses are required for commenting, but they are not published on the blog, nor shared. Email addresses that look like spam will be flagged as spam.
- I love resources as they can be really helpful sometimes, but in order to prevent spam and assure quality, I must limit links on the comments. Please do not add more than two relevant links which do not violate points 1 or 2 above in your comment.
- All comments within Diary of a Day Hiker are the responsibility of the commenter, not the owner or staff of Diary of a Day Hiker. By submitting a comment on my blog, you agree that the comment content is your own, and you agree to hold Diary of a Day Hiker, all subsidiaries of Diary of a Day Hiker, and all representatives of Diary of a Day Hiker harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
- I have the discretion to update this comment policy at any time. When I do, I will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page.
- By commenting at Diary of a Day Hiker, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not comment at Diary of a Day Hiker.
The bottom line is this. I know what comment spam is, you know what comment spam is. Please don’t comment spam my blog. If you have any questions regarding the policy, you may contact me via email using my contact form.
This document was last updated on September 08, 2011